• I recently edited some old blogpost. Edited the tags for future tag
    based pages. I noticed this changed the order of the blog post. My post are
    ordered by “revision date” instead of “publication date”

Contacted my Theme support team and they said the following

Great, can't figure out which one though, perhaps that "WP Fulltext
    Search Pro", disable that one see if it makes a difference? or even,
    disable them all, and then enable them one by one, see which one is
    doing that thing.

So I followed their advise and disabling the "WP Fulltext Search Pro" plugin resolved the issue with the publication order.

Theme used : https://www.htmlpie.com/products/pen-multipurpose-wordpress-theme

I would like of course keep the "WP Fulltext Search Pro" plugin enabled, please advise

Kind regards
    James

Current Version v2.46.180

• Hi @Qville

Actually, WPFTS plugin should only affect post order on search results. And it's okay, you can change the search results post order in the WPFTS settings.

In case you meant post order on the main page / blog page (not search) please let me know if you need it to be "revision date" or "publication date" and where you can set it?

Also I would ask you to copy of the paid theme you're using (you can put it to the private message or to info@fulltextsearch.org) please.

Thanks!

• @EpsilonAdmin

I want the (blog)post to be in order of the "publication date"
    I use a free theme : https://www.htmlpie.com/products/pen-multipurpose-wordpress-theme

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Kind regards

• @Qville I have tried with the Pen theme, tried to activate and deactivate WPFTS Pro on my dev machine, but unfortunately I can not repeat the issue that you faced with. The posts on the main page are always ordered by "Publication Date (descending order)" does not matter whether WPFTS active or not.

Could you please try once more to activate WPFTS and deactivate it on your website and see if there any differences? Could you make a screenshot or give me a link to your website?

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors