Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

• Hello @EpsilonAdmin

I would like to make a research of words in a PDF in my website. I want to use the search tool to search the word the pdf file. Is it possible ?

Is it possible to have the resultants of the research on the same page in the form of a table with the possibility of finding the word in the document by clicking on it?

Thanks

• Hi @juuulieeen

The WPFTS Pro plugin is the tool to search posts and files by content. It does not intend to be used to search exact word position inside the file, because it's a very different task.

But since the plugin extracts PDF content as the raw text, it's still possible to find word position in a file. Maybe I need to add some PHP code for this.

Could you clarify or give me an example of which sort of search inside the PDF file you need? How the result should look?

Thanks.

• @epsilonadmin

I would like to do a search for a word in a pdf file and that the result can be displayed on the same page (below the file) either in the form of a table or in the form of a list of annotations.

Have a link between the document and the word found. For example being able to click on the word and find it directly in the file. Kind of like doing CTRL + F in a PDF file.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors