Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

Include PDF's Uploaded via RCWD Upload

• I currently use RCWD for ACF to upload attachments, but since I have thousands of PDF's i didn't wont to clutter up the media library. Is there a way to still use the search feature when using this plug. Here is a link to it for your reference: https://codecanyon.net/item/rcwd-upload-for-advanced-custom-fields/5078456

• Hi @loyolalax10

Yes, this could be done with the help of a small PHP snippet which should be added to your website (or custom add-on plugin). I am ready to develop this small snippet for you for free, but I will need a copy of RCWD (without a license) to develop the code. May you please provide it?

• Hi, the idea is to use wpfts_index_post hook to extract the special meta-field (added by RCWD) value and index the file which is linked there.

The working code is below.

add_filter('wpfts_index_post', function($index, $post)
    {
    	global $wpfts_core;

if ($post && $wpfts_core && function_exists('get_field')) {

if ($post->post_type == 'paper') {		// You can change the post_type here
    			$file = get_field('file', $post->ID);	// You can change the ACF field name here

if (isset($file['path']) && (strlen($file['path']) > 0)) {
    				// Add a special library to work with file contents (included to WPFTS Pro)
    				require_once $wpfts_core->root_dir.'/includes/wpfts_utils.class.php';

// This call will return extracted text from the FILE
    				$ret = WPFTS_Utils::GetCachedFileContent_ByLocalLink($file['path'], false, true);
    				// Store the content to separate index cluster (so we can apply different relevance weight to it, if required)
    				$index['rcwd_file_content'] = isset($ret['post_content']) ? trim($ret['post_content']) : '';
    			}
    		}	
    	}

return $index;
    }, 3, 2);

Looks not that hard?

Also, you can download the ready addon plugin here.

wpfts-addon-rcwd-uploader.zip

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors